Professional Development Courses for Violin Teachers of All Backgrounds
Music & Movement
A Program Developed for Young Violinists
By Kerstin Wartberg & Arjada Hasanaj
In this course, Suzuki and traditional violin teachers are invited to explore and work intensively with the¬†Music & Movement program.
Here are the main points that we will introduce during the course:
At least 100 ideas for enriching lessons for beginning violinists¬†through Music & Movement activities. They are¬†based primarily on Dr. Suzuki‚Äôs violin repertory and on his teaching concept.¬†You will learn¬†exercises for individual and group lessons¬†that focus on learning and improving the following areas:
- Getting to know the teaching repertoire through active listening
- First basics in rhythm and intonation through singing and movement games
- Preparation for violin posture and violinistic movements
- Development of gross and fine motor skills and working out basic violin techniques for beginners
- Development of concentration skills, attention to detail, discipline and perseverance
- Motivating and playful elements to loosen up the lessons
Our most important goal is for the children to develop an inner relationship with music and build an emotional connection through listening, moving, feeling and playing beginning tunes on the violin.
This content represents new territory in violin pedagogy!
It is not found in Suzuki teacher training or in any other violin pedagogy program.
All participants will receive extensive course materials¬†including
- eBook and handouts
- audio files
The course fee is $130 (USD) or the equivalent of ‚ā¨130 (Euro).
The course fee includes six video recordings of the entire course for later review and extensive course materials.
Partial scholarships and assistance are available for persons experiencing financial hardship.¬†We welcome violin teachers of all backgrounds.¬†¬†Please contact us by email.¬†
The video recording will be placed online until October 30, 2022.
If you have questions, please contact our office, Stefan Kalkbrenner: