Young children enjoy moving around when they hear music. They feel energy, life, joy, and playfulness. Teachers should encourage this desire and include these activities during their teaching. Research has shown that the connection between body movement, rhythm and awareness is beneficial to the development during the whole childhood, which includes not only thinking and feeling, but also motoric abilities.
- Getting to know and becoming familiar with the violin repertoire of the first volume (LET'S PRACTICE TOGETHER! / SUZUKI VIOLIN SCHOOL / STEP by STEP)
- Through singing, clapping and movement games, the basics in the areas of rhythm and intonation are conveyed.
- The intensive training of the senses (listening, seeing, touching and feeling).
- The development of physical endurance and dexterity in the gross and fine motor skills.
- Growing into the task of daily practice at home. This is a new area of life to be discovered by both, the child and the parents.
- Continuous work on personal and social skills like concentration, memory, endurance, self-esteem, willingness to perform, social behavior in the group.
Enjoy a Complete Warm Up
with music from the first half of Suzuki Violin ð» Book 1 = Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star - Allegro
Ready to start with Guillem Calvo?
Volume 1B: Bach's Minuet 1 in slow practice tempo
Volume 1B: Bach's Minuet 2 in slow practice tempo The accompanying rhythm sheets can be viewed or downloaded from the bottom of the page.
In these videos, Jonathan Reök encourages children and their parents to feel and to keep a steady beat. They are inspired to clap, step, and perform a variety of movements with the musical pulse.
At the same time, the children get to know Bach's Minuet 1 and 2 intensively. In this way LISTENING is also supported as one of the most important elements of the mother tongue method.
The recordings are from STEP by STEP, Vol. 1B, Bach's Minuet 1 and 2 - in slow practice tempo.
Volume 2B: Witches Dance by Paganini
Isabel Morey Suau, Suzuki Violin Teacher Trainer, plays the Witches Dance by Paganini with a children group. Her creativity and imagination for the development of skills combined with enjoyment seem to be ENDLESS …
This short film shows her in full action.